Comptroller and Auditor General of India has recently released data about ” Fixation of Pay and grant of increment in revised pay structure clarification – CGDA, 7th pay commission latest news “. There are lot of problems in the pay fixation of central government employees which are solved by the efforts of employees unions with the help of central govt employees.
PCof A(Fys) Kolkata
Subject : Fixation of Pay and grant of increment in revised pay structure clarification – regarding.
1. The matter regarding fixation of pay under 7th CPC in respect of employees promoted between 1st day of January and the date of notification of CCS(RP)Rules 2016 and methodology to be adopted in such cases has already been furnished by HQrs vide letter bearing No. AN/XIV/14164/7th CPC/Corr/Vol-I dated 8.09.2016. Further, on receipt of Dept of Expenditure OM dated 29.09.2016 , the same was circulated to all controllers for necessary action regarding re fixation of pay in such cases. Also , references on above subject received from Controllers was suitably replied in the light of above orders.
2. Of late, this HQrs has been receiving various references regarding application of the orders issued by AT-II Section of this office vide their letter No. AT/II/2703/Clar dated 28.04.2017 thereby seeking clarification regarding availability of option to switch over to 7th CPC from 07/2016 in cases where the official has been promoted between 1st January 2016 and the date of notification.
3. The matter was referred to MoD(Fin.) DAD Coord for taking up the matter with Ministry of Finance (Dept. of Expenditure) for issuing necessary clarification in this regard.
4. In reply, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure vide their No. 300346981 dated 14.09.2017 received under MoD(Fin) ID No. 1333/C/2017 dated 18.09.2017 have clarified that -“the option to switch over to the revised pay structure either on 01.01.2016 or the date of next increment is applicable under Rule 5 of CCS(RP)Rules 2016 in case of post held on 01.01.2016.
Further, they have clarified that if the date of next increment on 01.07.2016 for a post held on 01.01.2016 falls after the date of promotion, then the date of next increment for the post held on 01.01.2016 has no relevance for option. Thus, the option cannot be exercised from 01.07.2016 to switch over to revised pay structure . (copy attached)
5. This is for information and necessary action.
Sr. Dy.CGDA (AN)
- AN-IV Section (Local) – This disposes of your UO No. AN/IV/4618/PF/Vol-III dated 17.05.2017
- The CDA Secunderabad- For information in continuation of this HQrs Letter of even no dated 13/07/2017
- The PCDS(AF) Dehradun- For information in continuation of this HQr letter of even no dated 18/07/2017
- The PCDA G Block, New Delhi- For information in continuation of this HQrs letter of even no dated 8/05/2017
- The PCDA(O) Pune- For information in continuation of this HQrs letter of even no dated 5/07/2017
- AT-II Section (local)
- The IT & S Wing (local)
- The CENTRAD, Brar Square-
- The MNB (Local)
- The Library (Local)
- Secretary General , AIDAA(CB) Pune [through PCDA(O) Pune]
- Secretary General , AIDAEA(HQ) kolkata [through PCA(Fys) Kolkata
Ministry of Finance
DAD – Coord
Subject:-Fixation of pay Under CCS RP Rules :- Clarification Regarding
- A government Servant may elect to continue to draw pay in the existing pay structure until date on which he earns his next increment in the existing pay structure or until he vacates his post or ceases to draw pay in the existing pay structure.
- Provided further that in cases where a govt employee has been placed in higher pay or scale between 01 Jan 2016 and date of notification of these rules (25.07.2016) on account of promotion of up-gradation, the government servant may elect to switch to revised pay structure from the date of such promotion or up-gradation as the case may be.