Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel and Training)
Establishment (JCA-2) Section
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 14th June, 2017
Subject: Holidays to be observed in Central Government Offices during the year 2018- reg.
It has been decided that the holidays as specified in the Annexure -I to this O.M. will be observed in all the Administrative Offices of the Central Government located at Delhi/New Delhi during the year 2018. In addition, each employee will also be allowed to avail himself/herself of any two holidays to be chosen by him/her out of the list of Restricted Holidays in Annexure – II.
2. Central Government Administrative Offices located outside Delhi / New Delhi shall observe the following holidays compulsorily in addition to three holidays as per para 3.1 below:
1. REPUBLIC DAY
2. INDEPENDENCE DAY
3. MAHATMA GANDHI’S BIRTHDAY
4. BUDDHA PURNIMA
5. CHRISTMAS DAY
6. DUSSEHRA (VIJAY DASHMI)
7. DIWALI (DEEPAVALI)
8. GOOD FRIDAY
9. GURU NANAK’S BIRTHDAY
10. IDU’L FITR
11. IDU’L ZUHA
12. MAHAVIR JAYANTI
14. PROPHET MOHAMMAD’S BIRTHDAY (ID-E-MILAD)
3.1. In addition to the above 14 Compulsory holidays mentioned in para 2, three holidays shall be decided from the list indicated below by the Central Government Employees Welfare Coordination Committee in the State Capitals, if necessary, in consultation with Coordination Committees at other places in the State. The final list applicable uniformly to all Central Government offices within the concerned State shall be notified accordingly and no change
can be carried out thereafter. It is also clarified that no change is permissible in regard to festivals and dates as indicated.
1. AN ADDITIONAL DAY FOR DUSSEHRA
3. JANAMASHTAMI (VAISHNAVI)
4. RAM NAVAMI
5. MAHA SHIVRATRI
6. GANESH CHATURTHI / VINAYAK CHATURTHI
7. MAKAR SANKARANTI
8. RATH YATRA
11. SRI PANCHAMI / BASANT PANCHAMI
12. VISHU/ VAISAKHI / VAISAKHADI / BHAG BIHU / MASHADI UGADI /CHAITRA SUKLADI / CHETI CHAND / GUDI PADAVA / 18T NAVRATRA /NAORAZ/CHHATH POOJA/KARVA CHAUTH.
LIST OF HOLIDAYS DURING THE YEAR 2018 FOR ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES OF CENTRAL GOVERNMENT LOCATED AT DELHI / NEW DELHI:-
In respect of Indian Missions abroad, the number of holidays may be notified in accordance with the instructions contained in this Department’s O.M.
No.12/5/2002-JCA dated 17th December, 2002. In other words, they will have the option to select 16(Sixteen) holidays of their own only after including in the list, three National Holidays and Idu’l Fitr, in the list of compulsory holidays with the Idu’l Fitr falling on day of weekly off (Saturday).
10. In respect of Banks, the holidays shall be regulated in terms of the extant instructions issued by the Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance.
11 . Hindi version will follow.