All the government employees are entitled to travel by a specific mode of which they can Leave travel Concession and other remunerations.By keeping in mind various advisory are issued from ministry of home affairs so that Employees can purchase tickets from authorized agents only . This is because of many middle man services like Paytm, Makemy trip, Cleartrip etc are going to affect the proper solution of claim of government employees. Hence the letter subjecting Guidelines on Air Travel on Government Expenses: MHA Orders dated 3.11.2017 is issued for proper prchase of tickets.
Guidelines on Air Travel on Government Expenses-Purchase of Tickets from Authorised Agent
Government of India
Ministry of Home Affairs
North Block,New Delhi,
Dated November 03, 2017
Sub: Guidelines on Air Travel on Government Expenses-Purchase of Tickets from Authorised Agent-reg
The undersigned is directed to refer to Go 48-B wherein provision has been made in all cases of air travel, where Govt.of India bears the cast of air passage, the officials have to travel, where only by Air India.Further,Go 16 below the rule stipulates for purchase of air ticket directly from airlines (Booking counter or website of Airlines) or by utilizing the services of the authorized agents viz,M/S Balmer Lawrie
&co.,M/S Ashoka Travels & Tours and IRCTC.Department of Expenditure/o. Finance time and again also stressed the need of travel by Air India and purchase of air tickets from permissible source, Recent in this row is there OM No.19024/22/2017E-IV dated 18th July (copy enclosed for ready reference)
2. Despite this MHA is frequently in receipt of proposals for relaxation of above rules citing reason of ignorance/ unawareness of the guidelines. Department of Expenditure has clarified ti MHA henceforth relaxation on account of ignorance/unawareness of the guidelines would not be considered by them future.
3.It is accordingly, stressed upon all the offices/Division under the ambit of Integrated Finance Division of MHA to scrupulously follow the guidelines relating to air travel.
(Kumar Manoj Kashyap)
Under Secretary & AFA (Fin-II)
- PPS to HS/Secy(BM)/Secy(OL)/SS(IS)
- PPS/PS to all AS and JS of MHA
- PS to JS (Adm) of PMO/DoPT/DoARP&G/DoL/ISCS/PSA/Cob Sectt./NHRC/NATGRID/RGI
- DS/Directors/IFAs of all CAPFs/CPOs
- SO(IT) For uploading on the website of MHA
Source:- Ministry of Home Affairs